10 Ways to Replace Fear with Faith
Share This article
During this season of COVID-19, fear has become rampant throughout the earth. People are isolated and scared, and Satan is feasting, creating havoc in hearts, minds, homes, families, and nations worldwide. As Christians, we must take back our rightful authority that Jesus died to give us.
We trample snakes by rebuking fear and standing firm on faith. When the temptation to fear is all around us, we must remember that fear literally gives the Serpent authority in our lives. The Bible says that the way to “stand firm against him” is to “be strong in your faith”(NLT). Faith gives us back the keys of authority when the world around us is festering with fear.
Standing strong in faith during these scary times can be difficult, but there are 10 ways we can safeguard our choice of faith. We become motivated to claim faith rather than fear because it is our faith that pleases God: “And without faith, it is impossible to please God…”(NIV)
- Guard your heart. ( ) Your heart is the tender soil for thoughts of good or evil to grow. When the enemy tries to plant seeds of fear, worry, anxiety, etc., we rebuke them instantly. Only allow God’s seeds of love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control to take root. ( )
- Stand firm in faith. ( ) Faith protects us from the enemy’s schemes and places us in the center of God’s perfect peace. Our faith demonstrates to God and the world that we trust His provision, plan and power. When the circumstances around us swirl with disorder and animosity, we have every right to claim God’s peace. ( )
- Listen to the prophets. ( ) God does nothing without revealing His plan to the prophets first. No prophet knows everything, but God gives them each a partial view of His Kingdom Plan. We seek prophets who have an excellent track record of speaking God’s heart in order to calm our fears.
- Capture your thoughts. ( ) We must play an active role in standing firm in faith by capturing thoughts of fear that are not of God. This habit may take a few weeks or even months to form, but the complete peace we gain is worth the effort.
- Rejoice, pray, and give thanks. ( ) We can move from fear to faith simply by praising and thanking God through prayer. The enemy can’t attack worship, so our thanksgiving is the key to rising above the negative waves in life.
- Read your Bible. ( ) The Bible is a living source of God’s encouragement and strength. ( ) During times of stress, reading verses from the Book of Psalms can be particularly reassuring.
- Stay in community. ( ) When we are bombarded by fear, we need to purposely surround ourselves with faith-filled Believers. Just knowing we aren’t alone is enough to fill us with a peaceful confidence that will sustain our faith.
- Pray in tongues. ( ) Many times we don’t know what to pray, but the Holy Spirit does. Speaking in tongues may feel strange at first, but it can be done in secret, allowing the powerful presence of God to disperses all fears.
- Speak the name of Jesus. ( ) The name of Jesus spoken in complete faith of its authority will rebuke ugly thoughts of fear. Remembering that Jesus overcame death on the Cross gives us a hope and confidence that we are on the winning side. ( )
- Remain in God’s love. ( ) Love disperses all fear. ( ) God loves us so much that He gave His Son as a sacrifice for our sins, so He can have a relationship with us. ( ) When we immerse ourselves in His love, our worries, anxieties, and fears have no chance to survive.
Copyright © 2020 Alisa Hope Wagner, used with permission.
Find more information about resisting fear and standing firm in faith with Alisa Hope Wagner’s book, The Way of the Wolves: The Enemy’s Planned Strike on Your Life. Watch Alisa’s video about her family’s experience with COVID-19 and rebuking fear.
Share This article