Encouraging Bible Verses
Share This article
We can draw encouragement from the fact that God loves us this much.
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (NIV)
We have the encouragement that God is always with us.
- The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. (NLT)
Nothing can come between us and God.
- For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (NIV)
He gives us encouragement when the earth itself seems unstable.
- God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! (NLT)
God provides for us when we’re under attack.
- The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe. (NLT)
God is there to guide us, no matter our circumstances.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. (NLT)
- The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. (NLT)
We don’t have to be afraid because God is with us.
- Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. (NLT)
- “The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in His love He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” (NIV)
God is there to help us with our burdens.
- Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” (NLT)
God will fight for us.
- The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” (NLT)
God will protect us when we are unjustly accused.
- He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun. (NLT).
Even during the darkest time, God reminds us He has a personal plan for each of us.
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (NIV)
We have God’s promise that He has things well in hand.
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (NIV)
We are special to God.
- But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
Copyright © Edie Melson 2017, used by permission.
Share This article