Great Gift Ideas for Everyone on Your List
Share This article
'Tis the season for droves of determined shoppers to storm malls and flood online stores. The mission (should they choose to accept it) is to find a present for everyone and their sister.
It’s hard sometimes to know what to get that isn't an overdone, traditional gift – a tie for dad, a spa basket for mom, and a video game for your little brother.
Consider changing it up this year!
Here’s a list of gift ideas that you may not have thought of:
For The Traveler
- Fly Away – Purchase an airline gift card to go toward a trip of the gift receiver’s choice. Throw in a comfy travel pillow.
- Traveling Dreams – Give the gift of a travel magazine subscription, along with an Airbnb gift card.
For The Sports Fan
- Sport Your Team – Get two tickets to a game your sports fan will love. If money is tight, you can opt for tickets to a minor league game.
- Watching the Game – For homebodies, make a snack basket they can munch while they cheer on their favorite team. Stick a team shirt/jersey inside the basket.
For The Entertainment Buff
- Picture Perfect Fan – Search eBay.com for an autographed photo of their favorite actor, singer, or athlete. (Be sure to follow eBay's authenticity tips to make sure you get a real autograph.) Frame it and gift it along with a DVD of that movie or TV show or the latest CD from that artist.
- Movies Coming to You – Get your friends or family the gift that keeps on giving – a Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu subscription. Put the gift card inside a bucket with their favorite popcorn and candy.
For The Avid Reader
- Readin’ 'n Snackin’ – Indulge your reader friend with a big basket full of tasty snacks, a handy bookmark, and a gift card to their favorite bookstore.
- Original Book List – Make a list of some of your favorite books, attach a bookseller's gift card to the list, and let them pick from your suggestions of what to read next.
For The Coffee Addict
- Ground Goodies – Find a rich blend of a great tasting international coffee (Cuban, Costa Rican, and Colombian, et.). Add a coffee grinder, so they can enjoy a truly fresh cup of coffee.
- On-the-Go Java – Gift them a big travel mug. Supply a good blend of instant coffee and a giant muffin or two for those post-Christmas days they are running late for work.
For The Chocolate Lover
- Fondue for You – Along with a fondue pot and chocolate, provide some starters: marshmallows, fresh strawberries, pound cake bites, peanut butter crackers, and chilled banana slices.
- Tasty Treats – Roll your sleeves up and put your pastry chef’s hat on to make your friends and family a scrumptious array of candies. (The Internet is full of delicious recipes. Take your pick!) If you don’t have time to make the candy yourself, find a local candy shop or one online that delivers.
For The Explorer
- Map It Out – Stop by your local AAA and grab a regional or state map for the road tripper friend in your life. Circle places of interest on the map (Google those options) and attach a gasoline gift card for refills.
- An Adventure Day – Give them the gift of adventure with a gift card to go scuba diving or deep sea fishing, pay for a ski lift pass, or a kayak rental.
For The Humanitarian
- Be a Blessing – Donate in their name to Operation Blessing. This branch of CBN ministers to the practical needs of hurting people in America and around the world, 365 days a year. (To see a list of OB's humanitarian programs, visit ob.org).
- Give the Gift of Clean Water – Offer a drink to those who are thirsty, and give the gift of clean water today in honor of your loved one.
For The Believer
- Encouraging Words – Give a copy of Billy Graham's book, Where I Am: Heaven, Eternity, and Our Life Beyond. It's sure to be a blessing.
- Devotions for the Devoted – Let the comforting and guiding words of these popular Christian devotionals speak encouragement to the believer in your life.
For the Little Ones
Gift Cards for Teens. Give the gift of choice! Buy them a gift card to their favorite store.
Give Your Kids Superbook. Join the Superbook DVD Club and you'll be getting a double blessing for the little one in your life. Not only will they get copies of CBN's award-winning animated children's show, but you will also be helping to get these Bible stories to kids all over the world.
No matter what you end up buying, remember what’s most important this Christmas season – spending quality time with your family and friends and celebrating the birth of our Savior.
Share This article